Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hot Weather = Kids Outside = Outside Creations from Mom


Now that we are on our Minnesota Manic weather swing, the kids can be outside more. Yahooo! Our neighbor hooked up her sprinkler and the youngest two played in it for two hours. Oh, yeah, guess I better get out the sunscreen.

I took a little time to create a dragonfly with electric fence wire, chicken wire fencing, and decorative glass. Here's the final project. This little gal measures about 12" and hangs on the house. (Note to self. Wire is sharp. So wear gloves!)


I like wire and metal art. I like creating. We have some sheets of copper and I've been thinking about fashioning it into some more creatures. Pulling together the ideas with the reality raises obstacles. Like how to join thick wire shapes together without solder. I used thin craft wire but that has a tenancy to rust and disintegrate over time. Ones I made a few years ago out of plastic coated wire

The ones below are store bought. I like butterflies and dragonflies. (No horse flies or house flies for me! **Shudder**)

No comments: