Wednesday, April 22, 2009

We're Almost Done with April?

Good lord. Or good goddess. Whatever the phrase, the fact we are now almost through with April astounds me.

My life has been BUSY. My second child blossomed with new behaviors resulting in suspension from school. He was medicated, then we increased medication. Now we are at a stable point where I don't have to go to school 4-5 days a week to check on him.

I had a medical procedure which landed me in the hospital overnight. I had another procedure to check on something discovered in an MRI. When this cleared up, I resumed my daily 1-2 dogs walks. Then I came down with the bubonic cold. Or would that be bionic cold?

My 4th son was seen by a local pediatric geneticist who confirmed he has physical characteristics of fetal alcohol. We suspected such as his behavior has been escalating into amazing rages. Keep in mind, he is 4.5 years. A little guy can destroy his room when given the chance. I've begun the First Step process to get him testing for various conditions. He does well with his preschool, but saves the rages and bad behavior for his lucky and loving parents.

My daughter turns six in two days. She can be so loving but also displays the attitude of a 16-year-old. Oh, what fun! She is a sister Taurus, so we share the same temperament. I will be 48 and I don't feel a day over 60.

So this is the life of a stay at home parent with 4 kids. Each child has his or her own special needs, the easiest with ADHD, the hardest with a whole alphabet of diagnosis. I don't question why I don't blog more. I know why. Life happens and the effort of taking time to record it exhausts me.


No comments: