Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hearts a Pounding

After several days of enjoying the stupidity of denial, I went to the ER to have my heart checked out. I didn't feel stressed when we checked in, but my blood pressure upon check-in was 177 over120. Getting into serious heart issues, based on the pressure.

Five hours later and I am finally done. No serious issues found, but I go back to the hospital today for a stress test. Yipee. At least I didn't have to stay overnight, as was offered to me.

My issues with overnight hospital stays are based on my stays of the past. Back a few years my heart was having irregular beats, so I ended up in an ambulance on the way to the hospital while my parents, partner, kid, and other family members watched. Last year after a colon procedure I had bleeding issues and ended up overnight after several hours in the ER. Until 5 a.m. I had to drink the prep fluid and other awful stuff ensued. Basically, my experience has not been good. And you don't get any sleep. And the beds are uncomfortable.

I don't want to have serious heart health issues as my dad does. I don't want high blood pressure issues as does my mom. But the control I have over my health is balanced against genetics. And sometimes genetics has more say than my puny health efforts.

So on to take a nap before I go to the hospital. Again. Like it or not, I am nervous with a racing pulse. Maybe this will raise my blood pressure to spectacular highs like yesterday!

No comments: